Growing Up Girl- It’s All About You!
For Girls ONLY
Every girl deserves to feel good about herself. She needs to understand her changing body and mind; to feel empowered to make informed choices and most importantly to be whomever she chooses to be. This course provides young girls the opportunity to learn and understand their changing bodies and mind as they enter their teenage years. To lift her higher- to help her be the best possible “she” she can be. This course is recommended for girls in grades 4-6.
Participants will focus on:
· Physical changes that occur in the female body during the transition to a teenager
· Positive body image and sense of personal worth
· Identifying ways to resist peer pressure
· Discuss what it means to make good decisions and choices
· Practice stress reduction techniques
· Identifying ways to improve communication with adults in their lives
Location: Aultman College of Nursing and Health Sciences- Conference Room 2A
Dates: March 26, 27 & 28 (CANCELED)
Instructor: Jennifer Dobrea, M.Ed., LPSC; Plain Local School Counselor
Note: Parents/Guardians are required to escort their student to the classroom prior to the class and also provide the instructor with the name of the responsible party picking up the student. Students will be under supervision throughout the entire day.