Policy 1: Visiting Transient Student
Definition: Visiting Transient Students are those who are currently enrolled at another college, not seeking a degree from ACNHS, and will transfer their credits back to their home institutions. They must provide the following:
1. Application for admission as a Transient Student
2. Application Fee
3. Transient letter or letter of good standing from “home” institution verifying the courses to be taken
4. Course payment to ACNHS according to ACNHS policies and academic calendar.
NOTE: Federal financial aid is typically not available for visiting transient students
Policy 2: ACNHS Transient Student
Definition: While enrolled at ACNHS, a student may take a maximum number of 6 credits at another college. These 6 credits will be included in the total number of transfer credits allowed. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure ACNHS residency requirement compliance.
Please read this overview carefully before completing the Transient Student Authorization Form. This form is also available in the Learning Resource Center.
Requirements Allowing ACNHS Students to Take Transient Course Work
1. Students must have an ACNHS cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and be in good academic standing.
2. Classes cannot be taken for degree credit at another institution if they have been attempted previously at ACNHS including withdrawal.
3. The content of each course to be taken elsewhere must correspond to that of an ACNHS course required in the student's degree/certificate program here.
4. Classes cannot be taken at another institution in the surrounding city area if the course is offered at ACNHS. ACNHS defines “surrounding city area” as Canton, Ohio and all locations within a 50 mile radius.
5. Classes cannot be taken at another institution during the semester the student intends to graduate.
6. Students must obtain prior written approval by completing the Transient Student Authorization Form before taking coursework as a transient student. Only approved coursework will receive transfer credit at ACNHS. Failure to obtain this required approval may prevent the acceptance of such credits by the college.
7. Transient credits will not be included in the GPA; only hours earned will be calculated.
8. Tuition and fees for the transient coursework are the responsibility of the student and must be paid according to the visiting school’s policies and procedures.
9. Credit will not be granted for transient work until the official transcript is received by the ACNHS Registrar. Awarding of credit is defined by ACNHS Transfer Credit Policy and Procedure.
10. Federal regulations prohibit students from receiving Title IV (federal) financial aid funds from more than one institution during the same semester. If you are eligible for federal aid, a consortium agreement is needed before any funds are disbursed by the home institution.