Application Process

Home | Skip Navigation LinksFinancial Aid | Types of Aid | Veterans | Application Process

Application Process

Veteran’s Benefits Application Process

  • Submit the Request for Veteran’s Benefits Form to the Financial Aid Office
  • Submit a copy of the following documents to the Financial Aid Office:

    First Time Using Benefits (Initial Application)

        -VA Form 22-1990

                Chapters 30, 32, 1606, 1607

        -VA Form 22-5490

                Chapter 35

        -VA Form 28-1900

                Chapter 31

                An application must be submitted to your Vocational Rehabilitation manager

    Transfer Students (Change of Program or Place of Training)

        -VA Form 22-1995

                Chapters 30, 32, 1606, 1607

        -VA Form 22-5495

                Chapter 35

VA form DD-214 Member Copy-4 (if you are a veteran) or form DD-2384 (NOBE, if in the Reserves)

Certificate of Release or Discharge from active duty

Online applications and forms are available through the Veterans ON-Line APPlication (VONAPP) at .Click on Apply Online, and then Education. You may also go to the VA Forms page to print out a .PDF version of the benefit you would like to apply for at

After you have registered for classes, you will be certified electronically for the classes that are on your educational plan.

CHAPTER 31:  Your enrollment will be certified after the VA Certifying Official receives VA Form 28-1905 (Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance Into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status) from the VA Vocational and Rehabilitation and Employment. For additional information please visit their website at

If you have questions regarding your payment information, eligibility or delimiting date, please call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 or go online at

Copyright © 2015  Aultman College. All rights reserved.   Privacy Policy