Thank you for your interest in applying to the Nursing Program at Aultman College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Graduates of this program earn an Associate of Science in Nursing degree and are eligible to take the NCLEX RN licensure exam upon completion of the program. Applicants to the Nursing Program must be accepted into and meet all admission requirements for Aultman College.
Admission into the Aultman College Nursing Program is selective and is geared toward admitting students who show potential for handling the rigorous program curriculum. To be considered for admission to the Nursing Program, applicants must meet admission requirements:
High School Applicants
1. Applicant must have a high school GPA of 3.00 or better or GED score of 2250 or better.
2. An ACT score of 20 or better or SAT combined score of 950 or better.
3. Applicants who have completed dual enrollment/post-secondary coursework, please refer to the Transfer Applicant’s section below.
1. Must have a college GPA of 2.5 or greater with 6 credit hours or more of coursework based on most recent college transcript.
1. Must have a high school diploma or GED, have graduated from an accredited LPN program, and have an unencumbered Ohio LPN license.
2. If seeking advanced LPN standing, refer to the ASN LPN advanced standing policy.
If you meet these criteria, you are eligible to be considered for admission to the Nursing Program upon completion of all application requirements. Selection of applicants is based on ranking criteria.
If you are admitted into the Nursing Program at Aultman College, your final acceptance is subject to:
Completing and returning the reservation form and fee
Completing the online criminal background check and fingerprinting procedure
Completing all aspects of the pre-admission physical, immunization and drug-screening requirements
Submitting evidence of current BLS Health Care Provider CPR certification from the American Heart Association
Receiving the Hepatitis "B" surface antibody series (recommended) or declining the Hepatitis "B" surface antibody series by completing the declination form
Aultman College Student Health Insurance Policy
Aultman College requires all students in the AS Nursing and Allied Health programs to have health insurance. Students who do not have health insurance must purchase their own policy.Good health is essential to academic success, and adequate insurance will help get the care needed to maintain good health.
For further information about the steps necessary to become a student in the Nursing Program at Aultman College, please visit the "I've Been Accepted. What's Next?" tab.
Nursing Program Application deadlines:
Fall 2015 Admission: February 1, 2015