Bachelor in Health Education
THE BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH SCIENCES (BSHS) PROGRAM HAS SUSPENDED NEW ENROLLMENTS.
If you are interested in a degree in health sciences, please visit our associate of sciences in health sciences page. The ASHS program is accepting new students.
- Small class sizes and personalized attention from faculty; 80% of classes have fewer than 20 students
- An association with Aultman Hospital and Aultman Health Foundation, giving you access to learn in many different health-related organizations and social and economic situations
- Intern at a variety of local health care facilities and community organizations; gain direct work experience in the field and network for job opportunities after graduation
- Qualify to sit for the CHES exam after graduation
Bachelor’s Completion Option
Are you a current health care professional who needs a bachelor’s in health science degree to advance your career? Through the health education completion option, the following can apply toward a bachelor’s degree: associates degree, career-technical programs, certificates, diplomas, licensures, and more.
Incoming students may receive up to 60 credit hours for an unencumbered health care license (ex: radiography, paramedic, certified medical assistant, etc.) or up to 40 credit hours for college-level work or other school of health sciences course work. Contact the admissions team to learn more about prior learning assessment options and how your credits may apply toward the BS in Health Sciences.
Students may enter the health education concentration of the BS in health science program directly with no previous college credit or as transfer students. Transfer students will have their previously earned credit (including diploma, certificate or associate’s degree credits) evaluated toward completion of the bachelor’s degree.
To be considered for the BSHS program:
Graduating high school students
GPA of 3.0+
GED score of 660+
HiSET score of 75+
ACT score of 20+
SAT combined score of 1030+
College transfer applicants
6+ Credit Hours
of college coursework
based on the most recent college transcript
Health Education Curriculum
The health education concentration as part of the health science major (BSHS degree) consists of the BSHS curriculum core of health science courses and the health education-specific courses.
Click here for a Health Sciences Information Sheet, which shows the complete list of courses required for the degree and the concentrations in health education and health care administration.
- An overall cumulative 2.0 GPA
- A 2.0 GPA in all courses completed at Aultman College
- A 2.5 GPA in health science courses
- 40 credits of 300 or higher-level courses
- 60 credit hours of sciences, humanities, or arts
- Residency requirement: 80 credit hours of the required 120 total must be completed at Aultman College
- One course that utilizes a “Service Learning” methodology
- Complete financial aid exit counseling
- Satisfy financial obligations
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey