Student Emergency Fund
What defines an emergency or crisis?
A crisis is an emotionally significant unforeseen event or drastic change in life circumstances that cause the student to question or jeopardize the ability to stay enrolled. The fund is intended to be a supplemental financial resource when students are unable to meet immediate and essential expenses because of a temporary hardship surrounding situations such as accidents, illness, death of a family member, fire damage and need for temporary housing.
The fund does not replace financial aid and does not need to be repaid. The student should note the award may be considered taxable income by the IRS and could be subject to federal tax regulations.
Who is eligible to apply for assistance?
Any Aultman College student experiencing a crisis that may cause them to discontinue their education AND:
- Are enrolled at least part-time (6 or more hours) or be in enrolled in last semester.
- Completed one full semester at Aultman College.
- Be in good academic standing.
Students seeking funding will be required to utilize all offered financial aid resources before being awarded emergency funding. Students will be asked to demonstrate current financial need with supporting documentation. The fund is not intended to replace or supplement existing financial aid.
The number of students that can be served by the Student Emergency Fund is subject to the availability of funds and grants will typically not exceed $500.
Expenses that may be covered by the Emergency Fund
- Emergency medical expenses, prescription eyeglasses or essential dental work
- Food or transportation needs
- Homelessness or loss of housing
- Loss of childcare
- Safety needs, including the needs of victims of domestic violence
- Replacement of personal belongings due to fire or other natural disaster
Expenses not covered by the Emergency Fund
- Tuition and fees
- Health insurance
- Non-essential personal bills such as credit card, cable, cell phone, etc.
- Normal and anticipated academic expenses
- Computer replacement due to negligence
- Legal fees
- Fill out the application by clicking the button below or by visiting the front desk
- Students who wish to apply may return a paper copy of the application and any supporting documents to the college main office or email Wendy Davis directly by clicking here
- All applications and supporting documents are reviewed by the Emergency Fund taskforce
- A decision will be made within 10 business days
- If approved, a check will be processed within 4 business days
Note: you will need to log in with your aultmancollege.edu email credentials to submit the application.