RN to MSN Partnership
Save time and money on your way toward a master of science in nursing (MSN)
Thanks to a special articulation agreement, students in the bachelor of science in nursing completion (BSN-C) program at Aultman College are able to take three courses at Walsh University that will count toward both their BSN and the master of science in nursing (MSN) at Walsh University.
How the program benefits you:
- Take your nursing career to the next level - The combination of a bachelor’s and master’s degree will greatly increase your earning potential and career opportunities.
- Save time and money – Three nursing courses count for both the BSN and MSN degrees. That’s like getting 9 credit hours for “free” in your master’s program.
- Ease of transfer – Once you graduate with your bachelor’s degree, you can continue in the MSN program without any additional applications or fees.
- Hybrid and online courses – The BSN completion program is 100 percent hybrid (blending online and in-class sessions), and the MSN program has 100 percent online courses.
- Small classes and caring professors – Get the personalized attention and assistance you need in both programs, from registration and financial aid to advising and instruction.
Here is how the program works:
- After you complete the first three required nursing courses (NRS 400 Health Promotion, NRS 304 Care of Culturally Diverse Populations, and NRS 306 Gerontology) and MTH 205: Statistics at Aultman College in the BSN completion program, you will contact the program director, Dr. Theresa Benzel, to indicate interest in the MSN option.
- Dr. Benzel will meet with you and assist you with applying to the MSN program at Walsh University. You will also have a personalized meeting with other Aultman College staff to discuss the billing, financial aid, and registration details and get any questions answered.
- Once accepted to the MSN program at Walsh University, you will take the following courses, which will count toward both your BSN at Aultman College and an MSN at Walsh University:
NURS 601 Research Methods and Evidenced-Based Practices 3
NURS 610 Advanced Pathophysiology 3
NURS 614 Advanced Health Assessment 3
- Upon completion of these courses and other requirements for the BSN at Aultman College, you will be awarded the BSN. You will then be able to continue in the MSN program at Walsh University.