Aultman Hospital Health Sciences Library
Welcome to the Aultman Hospital Health Sciences Library!
The Aultman Health Sciences Library's primary purpose is to uphold the mission and values of Aultman Health Foundation and its entities by providing comprehensive information services to all students, employees, nurses, physicians, and other affiliated health care providers, in support of patient care, research, educational training, and administrative decision-making. The Library will provide high quality, customer-oriented, expert knowledge-based information services and resources through the development of appropriate Library collections, management and organization of Library resources, and provision of appropriate reference services.
Hours- The Health Sciences Library is currently staffed 42.5 hours per week. The hours are:
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday, Sunday & Major Holidays Unstaffed
Twenty-four hour access to the Library is available to attending physicians, residents, and medical/college students by using one's Aultman ID or by calling the Hospital's Security Department, ext. 36268.
The Library is located on the second floor, southeast corner of the Aultman Education Center (C2-230). The Library is intended as a QUIET STUDY area.
Collection - The Library collection includes: ~45 current journal titles (with access to thousands of titles in OhioLINK) ~2800 monographs (with convenient access to over 45,000 books in the consortium and considerably more in OhioLINK).
Circulation - The Library has many items that can be borrowed (e.g., Books, Models, Videos, and Reserve materials), and some items that can only be used IN the Library (e.g., Reference books, Class Reserve Items, and Journals).
- Reference - Our Reference Service includes the following: personal assistance to Library clients in their pursuit of information; formal and informal instruction in the use of the Library and its resources; and interlibrary loan.
- Computers - The Library has several computers that provide access to both the Internet and Intranet. Shortcuts are provided to access to NEOMED (www.neomed.edu/library ) for utilization of the online catalog for Aultman (and affiliated hospitals of NEOMED -- NEOLINK), and most of the OhioLINK databases including: Medline, CINAHL - Cumulated Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature, Health Source (Acad. Nursing ed.), Proquest Nursing and Allied Health Source, and Science Citation. Each computer is linked to a networked laser printer for more professional looking results. If you use PubMed, consider the link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?holding=ohahflib which has our holdings and the OhioLINK EJC titles linked. Loansome Doc is also available (see Library Staff for details - LIBID = OHUAUC). AccessMedicine http://www.accessmedicine.com/home.aspx (fulltext books such as Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment, etc. is available through an icon on the desktop (or a title search in NEOLINK for AccessMedicine). UpToDate is available onsite (only) via an icon on the desktop (or the URL www.utdol.com).
- Literature Searches - The Library provides access to a wide variety of databases available- many through OhioLINK. The most popular for our clients include: Medline (EBSCO), PubMed, Science Citation, CINAHL, Cochrane Database, Proquest Nursing and Allied Health Source and JBI (Joanna Briggs Institute), and UpToDate. Searches may be done by clients themselves (training is available upon request), or by one of the Librarians upon request - mediated searches are not available to students - but we'll be hppy to work with students to develop effective search strategies. These services are provided free of cost to primary clients of the Library.
- Interlibrary Loan - If Aultman's Library does not own a particular item (e.g., a book or journal article), the Library client may borrow the item from other libraries (either through patron-initiated requests, via OhioLINK, or by requesting it from the Library Staff - via Loansome Doc, in person, by phone, email, or FAX).
Photocopies - Copy machines are available for all clients. Hospital or Aultman College class-related copies of library materials are free of charge at this time.
- Scanning - Copy machines are equipped to scan in B&W. Items may be emailed to Aultman.com email accounts. See staff for assistance.
Study Rooms - The study rooms located within the Library are intended for Group Study. Library clients may use the rooms on a first come, first serve basis. If an individual is using the room when two or more people need the room for group study, the individual may be asked to relinquish the room. Rooms are not intended for administrative-related meetings, nor are they to be reserved, except for library staff use.
General Request: (330) 363-5000
Fax: (330) 363-2604
Phone (330) 363-3471
Krystal Slivka, MLS
Chief Medical Librarian
Phone (330) 363-3833
Important Library Links for Aultman College Students