Suggested Technology Requirements
Minimum Hardware Requirements for Required Personal Mobile Devices
PC and MAC
- PC - 2 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
- MAC – Intel Processor
- 2 gigabyte (GB) RAM
- 1 GB available hard disk space
- Internet access
- Broadband Internet connection
- Wireless connectivity 802.11g
- Screen resolution must be able to support 1024x768 or higher
- Sound requires audio output (Audio Jack)
- Headset with microphone for hybrid and online classes
- Battery that is capable of 2 hours use
*Chromebooks and HP Streams are not supported.
Surface Pro Requirements:
- Surface Pro, Surface Books, and Surface Laptop devices are supported (Non-Pro Surface devices are NOT supported)
- Must be running a supported Operating System (See PC Software Requirements)
- An external keyboard (USB or Bluetooth) is required. Bluetooth keyboards must be paired prior to launching exam
- Hard Drive: 1GB or higher available space
- For onsite support, a working USB port is required (Newer devices may require an adaptor)
- Internet connection for Examplify Download, Registration, Exam Download and Upload
- Screen Resolution must be 1920x1080
- Hardware = iPad 3+, iPad Air+, iPad Mini+, iPad Pro
- Operation System – iOS 8, iOS 9.0, and iOS 10. Only genuine versions of iOS are supported
- iPad must not be “Jail Broken”
- 500 MB of free space
- Battery that is capable of two (2) hours of use
*Other tablet devices are not supported.
Minimum Software Requirements for Required Personal Mobile Devices
Supported PC operating systems—
- 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Support for Windows 8 devices will be discontinued on July 27th, 2018.
- Support for Windows 7 devices will be discontinued on December 31st, 2018.
- Alternate versions of Windows 10, such as Windows RT, and Windows 10 S are NOT supported at this time.
Supported MAC operating systems—
- Support for Mac OS X 10.8 will be discontinued on July 27th, 2018.
- Support for Mac OS X 10.9 will be discontinued on July 27th, 2018.
- Support for Mac OS X 10.10 will be discontinued on July 27th, 2018.
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra
- Mac OS X 10.13 High Sierra
Web browsers—Internet Explorer 10 or higher recommended, and Mozilla Firefox—with Silverlight plug-in
- Microsoft Office 2007 or newer
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash Player