BSN Completion Program
Aultman College’s BSN Completion Program is designed to help registered nurses (RNs) with an associate degree or diploma complete their bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree.
Now 100% Online at a Lower Tuition Rate
The BSN Completion program can be completed 100 percent online (pending Higher Learning Commission approval), and we've lowered tuition for the program to just $279 per credit hour with minimal fees.
Thanks to Aultman College’s BSN Completion Program, you can:
- Complete the program quickly to earn your degree: some students do it in as few as five semesters
- Balance work and life thanks to the 100% online delivery for associate degree in nursing holders
- Continue toward your master's with ease: three courses count toward your BSN and your MSN through Aultman College's RN to MSN partnership
Be a graduate from a regionally accredited nursing program with a certificate, diploma or associate degree in nursing
Possess an active, unencumbered Ohio license as a registered nurse
Liability Insurance Requirement
Aultman College requires its post licensure students to provide proof of liability insurance with a $1 million minimum coverage.
Click here for a program informational sheet that shows which courses you will need to take as part of the BSN Completion program.
Stuents who have an associate degree in nursing can complete the program 100% online. If you have a diploma, you may be required to take some additional courses that are only offered via in-class and hybrid (a blend of online and classroom learning) formats.
- Thirty-two (32) credit hours are granted for an active unencumbered RN license. Students must complete 26 additional credit hours of nursing coursework.
- Students must complete 62 credit hours of general education coursework, all of which is available at Aultman College. There is the opportunity to transfer in fifty (50) of those sixty-two (62) credit hours from another approved institution.
- A total of 120 credit hours are required to graduate from Aultman College with a BSN degree.
- Students may complete the program in as few as five (5) semesters or extend longer depending on number of credit hours completed per semester.
Aultman College will evaluate each applicant’s earned credits from all official post-secondary transcripts to ensure that the earned credits meet an 80% content match and are consistent with Aultman College’s course levels. If the earned credits are consistent with the Aultman College course requirements, they will be reviewed on an individual basis. See the transfer credit policy for more details.
In order to graduate with an BSN Completion degree from Aultman College, 38 credit hours must be completed on campus.
Program Effectiveness Data
Click here to review the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Completion program effectiveness data.
The bachelor of science in nursing completion program (BSN-C) was reviewed in February 2015 for initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and received full accreditation through 2020. The next visit will take place in spring 2020.
655 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Click here to review the BSN Completion Program curriculum plan.
Quality Matters Implementation Plan
Aultman College: Bachelors of Science Nursing BSN-C, is committed to implement the Quality Matters Standards for the design of online and hybrid courses, and we are systematically building and evaluating our courses based on these rigorous, research-based standards. The Quality Matters Standards assure that the online components of these courses promote learner engagement and provide students with all the tools and information they need to be successful learners. More information regarding Quality Matters may be found at www.qmprogram.org.
Admission Deadlines for the BSN Completion Program
- Aug. 1 for fall semester
- Dec. 1 for spring semester
- April 1 for summer semester