Bachelor of Social Work
If you are interested in a degree in health sciences, please visit our academics page.
How is this Bachelor of Social Work unique?
- While earning a BSW degree you will learn how to navigate multiple systems within the ever-changing health care landscape through unique classes and volunteer experiences.
- You will get a “hands-on” experience before you begin your fieldwork (internship) using the college’s state-of-the-art simulation labs.
- Social work courses are offered in the evening in a hybrid format, which combines classroom and online work to reduce your time spent on campus
- The SWK Substance Abuse course in the social work program will fulfill the educational requirement for you to sit for the certified chemical dependency assistant phase I (CDCA-I) exam.
Additional Resources for those Exploring a Social Worker College
- For further information about this program accreditation please click here.
- Stark State students: Click to read how you could receive up to 62 credit hours toward a BSW degree at Aultman College.
- Social work is listed as a top 10 growing profession in terms of need over the next 10 years. Learn more about the many career paths available with a social work degree from Aultman College.
- Read about the qualities, knowledge and skills that make for a successful social worker.
Students may enter the Bachelor of Social Work program directly with no previous college credit or as transfer students. Transfer students will have their previously earned credit (including diploma, certificate, or associate degree credits) evaluated toward completion of the bachelor’s degree.
As the best college for social work programs in Ohio, Aultman College is proud to be a direct admission institution. This means students who are accepted into Aultman College are directly admitted into their major at the same time they are accepted into the college. Learn more about why this is important for students at social work schools.
Want to attend Aultman College for social work? Here is what you need to be considered:
First time attending college
GPA of 3.0+
GED score of 660+
HiSET score of 75+
ACT score of 20+
SAT combined score of 1030+
ACCUPLACER NextGen scores: Reading 250+ and Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics 263+
College transfer applicants
6+ Credit Hours
of college coursework
based on the most recent college transcript
Click here for a social work program info sheet, which shows the complete list of courses required for the degree.
To view the student handbook, click here to download.
To view the field manual, click here to download.
- An overall cumulative 2.0 GPA
- A 2.0 GPA in all courses completed at Aultman College
- A 2.5 GPA in social work courses
- 40 credits of 300 or higher-level courses
- 60 credit hours of sciences, humanities, or arts
- Residency requirement: 80 credit hours of the required 120 total must be completed at Aultman College
- One course that utilizes a “Service Learning” methodology
- Complete financial aid exit counseling
- Satisfy financial obligations
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey
- Aultman College offers a variety of admission and endowed/gifted scholarships. To learn more, visit our scholarship page.