Bachelor of Social Work
We offer the best social work program for students looking to earn a BSW degree.
At Aultman College, you can directly enter the Bachelor of Social Work program with no previous college credit or as transfer students. The program is also test-optional, so test scores from the ACT, SAT, or standardized tests are no longer required of applicants.
Keep reading to find out what makes our four-year social work program different, along with details on curriculum, scholarships, and more.
How is this Bachelor of Social Work unique?
- While earning a BSW degree you will learn how to navigate multiple systems through unique classes and volunteer experiences.
- You will get a “hands-on” experience before you begin your field practicum (internship) using the college’s state-of-the-art simulation labs.
- Social work courses are offered 100% online (with the exclusion of field practicum), which reduces your time spent on campus
- The SWK Substance Abuse course in the social work program will fulfill the educational requirement for you to sit for the certified chemical dependency assistant phase I (CDCA-I) exam.
Additional Resources for those Exploring a Social Worker College
- Stark State students: You could receive up to 62 credit hours toward a BSW degree at Aultman College.
- Social work is listed as a top 10 growing profession in terms of need over the next 10 years. Learn more about the many career paths available with a social work degree from Aultman College.
- Read about the qualities, knowledge and skills that make for a successful social worker.
- Find out the differences between a social worker and a psychologist.
- Get additional details about our accredited social work program.
Students may enter the Bachelor of Social Work program directly with no previous college credit, and test results (ACT, SAT, standardized test) are no longer required when applying. Transfer students will have their previously earned credit (including diploma, certificate, or associate degree credits) evaluated toward completion of the bachelor’s degree.
As the best college for social work programs in Ohio, Aultman College is proud to be a direct admission institution. This means students who are accepted into Aultman College are directly admitted into their major at the same time they are accepted into the college. Learn more about why this is important for students at social work schools.
Want to attend Aultman College for social work? Here is what you need to be considered:
BSW Degree Curriculum
Download a social work program info sheet, which shows the complete list of courses required for the degree.
Download the student handbook for our Bachelor of Social Work program.
View the field manual for our social work degree program.
- An overall cumulative 2.0 GPA
- A 2.0 GPA in all courses completed at Aultman College
- A 2.5 GPA in social work courses
- 40 credits of 300 or higher-level courses
- 60 credit hours of sciences, humanities, or arts
- Residency requirement: 80 credit hours of the required 120 total must be completed at Aultman College
- One course that utilizes a “Service Learning” methodology
- Complete financial aid exit counseling
- Satisfy financial obligations
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey
- Aultman College offers a variety of admission and endowed/gifted scholarships. To learn more, visit our scholarship page.