Associate of Science in Health Sciences Program
The Associate of Science in Health Sciences (ASHS) program at Aultman College is designed for students who are exploring career options in the health care industry, or for those who are already employed in the health care industry but have yet to complete a degree program.
After completing the ASHS program, students are prepared to either begin their career immediately following graduation or to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant health care field.
In Aultman College’s ASHS program, students are able to:
- Attend smaller classes with a lower student-teacher ratio
- Connect with dedicated faculty and staff
- Explore the health care industry within a large health care system
- Benefit from a general education focused on health sciences
Students may enter the bachelor of social work program directly with no previous college credit or as transfer students. Transfer students will have their previously earned credit (including diploma, certificate or associate’s degree credits) evaluated toward completion of the bachelor’s degree.
Aultman College is proud to be a direct admission institution. This means students who are accepted into Aultman College are directly admitted into their major at the same time they are accepted into the college. Learn more about why this is important.
To be considered for the social work degree program:
First time attending college
GPA of 3.0+
GED score of 660+
HiSET score of 75+
ACT score of 20+
SAT combined score of 1030+
ACCUPLACER Next Gen scores: Reading 250+ and Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics 263+
College transfer applicants
6+ Credit Hours
of college coursework
based on the most recent college transcript
If applicants meet the above criteria, they are eligible to be considered for admission to the ASHS program.
- 60 credit hours of general education and health science coursework, all of which are available at Aultman College. Students may transfer in a maximum of 19 credit hours.
- Complete financial aid exit counseling
- Satisfy financial obligations
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey
Aultman College will evaluate each applicant’s earned credits from all official post-secondary transcripts to ensure that the earned credits meet an 80% content match and are consistent with Aultman College’s course levels. If the earned credits are consistent with the Aultman College course requirements, the earned credits will transfer.
ASHS Residency Requirement
In order to graduate with an ASHS degree from Aultman College, 41 credit hours must be completed at Aultman College.
Admission Deadlines for the ASHS Program
- August 1 for fall semester
- December 1 for spring semester
- April 1 for summer semester
Take the next step and contact the Aultman College recruiter to learn more about the health sciences degree program.