Bachelor of Science in Nursing
You are passionate about caring for others, and you want a degree that leads to fantastic job opportunities and potential for advancement.
This makes nursing at Aultman College a perfect fit for you.
Aultman College's program leads to a bachelor's degree in nursing and prepares you for the national licensing exam (NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
Get in touch with us to
Schedule a visitGet started
Don’t miss the admission deadline for
the BSN ProgramApply Now
- Small class sizes and personalized attention from faculty; 80% of classes have fewer than 20 students
- State-of-the-art technology that allows students to interact with patient simulators that can blink, talk, and breathe
- Clinical placements in acute and long-term care settings at Aultman Hospital and facilities in the region
- Direct entry into the nursing program upon acceptance
- A successful track record from the college’s associate’s degree in nursing program: 98.44% NCLEX passage rate for 2018, beating the national and Ohio average of 88%.
Students may enter the BSN program directly from high school or as transfer students. Applicants must first be accepted into and meet all requirements for Aultman College.
To be considered for the BSN program:
First time attending college
GPA of 3.0+
GED score of 660+
HiSET score of 75+
ACT score of 20+
SAT combined score of 1030+
ACCUPLACER Next Gen scores: Reading 250+ and Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics 263+
College transfer applicants
6+ Credit Hours
of college coursework
based on the most recent college transcript
If applicants meet the above criteria, they are eligible to be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program.
The BSN curriculum consists of courses in nursing art and science, physical, biological, technological sciences, and social and behavioral sciences with clinical and onsite laboratory and simulation experiences.
Aultman College, as an affiliate of a Magnet certified hospital, believes that the standard for entry-level nursing practice should be the bachelor’s degree because it inspires a commitment to lifelong learning, which supports successful nursing practice in this dynamic health care environment. Our bachelor of science in nursing program is deeply rooted in general education, as it prepares nurses to lead change by navigating the complexities of informatics and health care economics providing evidence-based care.
** Please note that the BSN is a four-year degree program. Due to the sequencing of courses and clinical offerings, students will take four years to complete the program.
Graduation and Residency Requirements
Prior to graduation, students must:
- Satisfy all program curriculum requirements
- Meet the residency requirement: 80 credit hours of the required 120 total credit hours must be completed at Aultman College
- Take a standardized NCLEX predictor test offered by the college
- Submit a completed portfolio
- Complete financial aid exit counseling
- Satisfy financial obligations
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey
- Return the ID badge and any applicable course equipment, library books, and program-specific supplies
As part of Aultman College’s BSN program, students must complete a set number of clinical hours under the direct guidance of Aultman College faculty, in a variety of settings.
Program Accreditation and Licensure Information
"The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Aultman College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org.)." The bachelor of science in nursing program (BSN) was reviewed in February 2015 for initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and received full accreditation through 2020. The next visit will take place in spring 2020.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
655 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Tuition and Fees
As the acceptance of the first group of BSN students will be in fall 2017, the exact tuition and fees are being set and will be posted once fully approved. For a general idea of the cost of other degrees at Aultman College, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
Scholarships and financial aid are available to those who qualify.
Admission Deadlines For the BSN Program
- August 1 for fall semester
- December 1 for spring semester