Bachelor of Science in Nursing
You are passionate about caring for others, and you want a degree that leads to fantastic job opportunities and potential for advancement.
This makes nursing at Aultman College a perfect fit for you.
Aultman College's nursing major program leads to a bachelor's degree in nursing and prepares you for the national licensing exam (NCLEX) to become a Registered Nurse (RN). Learn more about our program so you can be on your way to your nursing career.
Get in touch with us to
Schedule a visitGet started
Don’t miss the admission deadline for
the BSN ProgramApply Now
Nursing Major Program Benefits for Students
- Small class sizes and personalized attention from faculty; 80% of classes have fewer than 20 students
- State-of-the-art technology that allows students to interact with patient simulators that can blink, talk, and breathe
- Clinical placements in acute and long-term care settings at Aultman Hospital and facilities in the region
- Direct entry into the nursing program upon acceptance
- A successful track record from the college’s associate degree in nursing program: 98.44% NCLEX passage rate for 2018, beating the national and Ohio average of 88%.
Students may enter the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program directly from high school or as transfer students. Applicants must first be accepted into and meet all requirements for Aultman College.
To be considered for the bachelor's desgree in nursing program:
First time attending college
GPA of 3.0+
GED score of 660+
HiSET score of 75+
ACT score of 20+
SAT combined score of 1030+
ACCUPLACER Next Gen scores: Reading 250+ and Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics 263+
College transfer applicants
6+ Credit Hours
of college coursework
based on the most recent college transcript
If applicants meet the above criteria, they are eligible to be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program.
The BSN program curriculum consists of courses in nursing art and science, physical, biological, technological sciences, and social and behavioral sciences with clinical and onsite laboratory and simulation experiences.
Aultman College, as an affiliate of a Magnet certified hospital, believes that the standard for entry-level nursing practice should be the bachelor’s degree because it inspires a commitment to lifelong learning, which supports successful nursing practice in this dynamic health care environment. As one of the best BSN nursing programs in Ohio, our nursing program is deeply rooted in general education, as it prepares registered nurses to lead change by navigating the complexities of informatics and health care economics providing evidence-based care.
** Please note that the BSN is a four-year degree program. Due to the sequencing of courses and clinical offerings, students will take four years to complete the program.
Graduation and Residency Requirements
Prior to graduation, students must:
- Satisfy all program curriculum requirements
- Meet the residency requirement: 80 credit hours of the required 120 total credit hours must be completed at Aultman College
- Take a standardized NCLEX predictor test offered by the college
- Submit a completed portfolio
- Complete financial aid exit counseling
- Satisfy financial obligations
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey
- Return the ID badge and any applicable course equipment, library books, and program-specific supplies
As part of Aultman College’s BSN program, students must complete a set number of clinical hours under the direct guidance of Aultman College faculty, in a variety of settings.
Program Accreditation and Licensure Information
"The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Aultman College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org.)." The CCNE Board of Commissioners granted accreditation to the baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Aultman College for ten years extending to December 31, 2030. The next visit will be in the spring of 2030.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
655 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Tuition and Fees
For a general idea of the current cost of degrees at Aultman College, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
Scholarships and financial aid are available to those who qualify.
Admission Deadlines For the BSN Program
- August 1 for fall semester
- December 1 for spring semester