Associate of Science in Nursing Program
The associate of science in nursing (ASN) program is a five-semester program for students who want an entry-level career in nursing.
The ASN is a cohorted program with classes offered in lockstep sequence. The program accepts students in summer and spring semesters.
The ASN degree allows you to begin your career as an RN in a variety of settings. The curriculum design also provides for progression to our BSN completion program. The BSN-C allows you to broaden your career opportunities and further your education to become a nurse anesthetist, nurse practitioner, nurse leader or educator.
There must be four years or more since the applicant has graduated high school (or achieved the equivalency).
Applicants with no other college/university credits must have:
- A high school GPA of 3.00 or higher OR A GED score of 660+ HiSET score of 75+ (pre-2016 GED score: 2250)
- An ACT score of 20+/SAT combined score of 1030+ (pre-2016 SAT score: 950)
Transfer applicants must have:
- Six (6) or more credit hours of college coursework and a 2.70+GPA based on the most recent college transcript
There are a limited number of seats available for the ASN program. They will be awarded to accepted students based on order of the date that reservation paperwork and fees are received (i.e. the sooner you are accepted and complete the RSVP process, the higher up the list you will be).
Aultman College evaluates each applicant’s earned credits from all official post-secondary transcripts. Credits are awarded based on course requirements and an 80% content match. See the transfer credit policy for more details.
The ASN program is cohorted and lockstep, meaning the same group of students move through classes in a set sequence semester by semester. This is a demanding, full-time program – many of our students find it difficult to work a part-time job in addition to taking classes.
Click here for an ASN Information Sheet, which shows the complete list of courses required for the degree.
Prior to graduation, students must:
- Satisfy all program curriculum requirements
- Meet the residency requirement: 41 credit hours of the required 73 total must be completed at Aultman College
- Take a standardized NCLEX review course offered by the program
- Submit a completed portfolio
- Complete financial aid exit counseling
- Satisfy financial obligations
- Complete the Graduate Exit Survey
- Return the ID badge and any applicable course equipment, library books, and program-specific supplies
As part of Aultman College’s ASN program, students must complete a set number of clinical hours under the direct guidance of Aultman College faculty, in a variety of settings.
Please review the following resources for more information about the ASN program’s framework and objectives:
Program Accreditation and Program Effectiveness Data
Aultman College Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) ASN program holds full accreditation. The next scheduled visit is planned for 2020.
Click here to review the Associate of Science in Nursing program effectiveness data.
Admission Deadlines for the ASN Program
- April 1 for summer semester
- December 1 for spring semester