Choose Ohio First
From the moment Aultman Hospital opened its doors in 1892, there has been a need for qualified, compassionate healthcare professionals right here in Canton, Ohio. The need was so important that the Aultman Hospital Training School for Nurses was founded the same year the hospital opened. Its only admission requirement was that students possessed "a desire to care for the sick."
Aultman College is the descendant of the original nursing school, upholding the tradition of educating students who lead our community to improved health. To ensure that everyone who has a passion for helping others can pursue a healthcare career, Aultman College's Choose Ohio First (COF) program may provide up to $5,000 scholarships to selected, incoming students to assist with the cost of tuition.
Unique Opportunities to Launch Your Healthcare Career
Students selected to receive COF scholarships will take part in exclusive mentoring and work-based learning opportunities, thanks to the college’s unique partnerships with area health care facilities, including Aultman Hospital, Aultman Orrville Hospital, Aultman Alliance Hospital, AlterCare, Aultman Medical Group, Altercare, MyCommunity Health Center, and more. Learning experiences can focus on leadership in an organization, career exploration, and research — it can be tailored to a student's interests and career goals.
COF scholars at Aultman College will also be paired with mentors in their intended career field. These mentors are working within the healthcare industry locally and can provide information, encouragement, and networking opportunities for students.
Application Requirements for Choose Ohio First at Aultman College
To apply for the Choose Ohio First Scholarship, you must:
- Apply for admission to Aultman College for fall semester, submit all of the required materials, and receive an offer of admission for fall semester. You must be in the bachelor of science in nursing, associate of applied science in radiography, or medical assisting certificate programs
- Complete the separate Choose Ohio First scholarship form to indicate your interest
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and listing Aultman College so that we receive your records.
- Be an Ohio resident
- Meet the following academic requirements:
- First-time freshmen: minimum 3.2 high school GPA and 23 ACT/1140 SAT
- Transfer students: minimum 3.0 college GPA based on at least 6 hours of transfer credits
Requirements for Annual COF Scholarship Renewal
You will be eligible for up to $5,000 of scholarship support each academic year at Aultman College provided that you:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Keep a current FAFSA application on file with the college
- Actively participate in the mentoring and work-based learning experiences
For questions about the program, please contact Lauren Bausch, Aultman College recruiter, at 330-363-6347 or [email protected]