Transient Student Policy
While enrolled in a degree-seeking program at Aultman College, a student may take a maximum number of 6 credits at another college. If a student is currently inactive, the student may take courses at another institution following the transient guidelines outlined below. If the student does not adhere to these guidelines, the student’s credit is not eligible to be counted as transfer credit unless he/she withdraws from the College and reapplies. The student would be subject to meeting the admission requirements. The student will also need to adhere to the current Inactive Policy. These credits will be included in the total number of transfer credits allowed. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure Aultman College residency requirement compliance.
Please read this overview carefully before completing the Transient Student Authorization Form.
Requirements Allowing Aultman College Students to Take Transient Course Work:
- Students must have an Aultman College cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and be in good academic standing.
- Classes cannot be taken for degree credit at another institution if they have been attempted previously at Aultman College including withdrawal.
- The content of each course to be taken elsewhere must correspond to that of an ACNHS course required in the student's degree program here.
- Students must obtain prior written approval by completing the Transient Student Authorization Form before taking coursework as a transient student. Only approved coursework will receive transfer credit at Aultman College. Failure to obtain this required approval may prevent the acceptance of such credits by the college.
- Students may not take a course as a transient elsewhere in the same semester the course is offered at Aultman College. Exceptions may be made for students in extreme circumstances that affect progression. Exceptions must be requested in writing by the student, reviewed and signed by the Academic Advisor, and approved by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Transient credits will not be included in the GPA, only hours earned will be calculated.
- Tuition and fees for the transient coursework are the responsibility of the student and must be paid according to the visiting school’s policies and procedures.
- Credit will not be granted for transient work until the official transcript received by Aultman College Registrar. Awarding of credit is defined by Aultman College Transfer Credit Policy and Procedure.
- Federal regulations prohibit students from receiving Title IV (federal) financial aid funds from more than one institution during the same semester. If you are eligible for federal aid, a consortium agreement is needed before any funds are disbursed by the home institution.