1. Home
  2. Admission
    & Aid
  3. Financial Aid
  4. Financial Aid for Veterans

Financial Aid for Veterans

Veteran’s Services

The United States Armed Services, both active duty and reserves, have developed programs to assist enlistees in obtaining a college education. Veterans and/or their dependents may be eligible to receive benefits for their education. Students should contact their area recruiter for additional information.

Veterans Administration

Veterans attending Aultman College may be eligible to receive benefits through the Department of Veteran Affairs when pursuing most degree programs. Each veteran has individual requirements for eligibility. For additional information, contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit their website at

The VA requires veterans receiving benefits to attend all scheduled class meetings.  Failure to do so may result in the loss of benefits and payback of veterans benefits already received for the semester in question. For full information about the application process and standards of progress, visit

Military Scholarship Programs

  • Ohio National Guard Scholarship: If a student enlists and/or commits to the National Guard for six years, the National Guard will pay up to 100% of tuition costs. Subject to funding available from the Ohio General Assembly, the program provides tuition payment to Army and Air Guard members attending a private institution of an equivalent amount of the average state university tuition charge. The student must be an Ohio resident enrolled in at least six credit hours at an Ohio college. The scholarship is available for up to twelve (12) full-time quarters or eight (8) full-time semesters. For more information and applications, visit
  • Ohio War Orphans Scholarship: This program awards tuition assistance to the children of deceased or severely disabled Ohio veterans who served in the armed forces during a period of declared war or conflict. You must be enrolled for full-time undergraduate who studies at an eligible Ohio college or university. Ohio residency is required. Applicants must be under the age of 25. For more information and application, visit